So yesterday we all got to experience what happens when Cy's brain is in full throttle and how it sucks the brain cells right out of MY head. So today ~ My brain cells are still gone but now I have a brand new issue to deal with. Here is a little sampling of how today went:
Mom ~ Cy, would you like to have an hour of free time before Karate?
Cy ~ Well Of Course Mom, that would be great!
Mom ~ OK then let's break down our time that we have available between now and then.
Cy ~ OK, I'll do it Mom, I will!
Mom ~ Great, let's see - we have 5 hours left before we go to Karate and we have to get your Math Assessment finished, Spelling, History, Literature and Art done. Do you want to work through lunch?
Cy ~ Ummm Ya I will
Mom ~ OK ~ So do you know how to finish your Math Assessment?
Cy ~ Yes! Do Monkeys Share Chewy Banana's Easily!
Mom ~ That's great buddy. Let's see if you can do that in 20 minutes. You only have 11 problems to do OK?
Cy ~ OK Mom. Set the timer!
Mom ~ Remember to check your work. Ready Set Go!
20 minutes go by ~ 20 more go by ~ Laundry's in washer, breakfast is cleaned up, to do list is made yada yada yada . . .
Mom ~ Cy aren't you done yet?
Cy ~ Mom I have a problem, I can't think!
Mom ~ Let's see how many you have done? UMMMMMM You don't have any done???
Cy ~ Well I just couldn't remember.
Note to self . . . Remember to breathe, Remember to breathe, REMEMBER to breathe
Mom ~ Can I help you?
Cy ~ YES *rolling eyes*
Mom ~ So do you think you have it now?
Cy ~ Oh ya ~ now I remember.
This goes on and on ~ working through lunch ~ mean while I'm still in my PJ'z downstairs cleaning because I don't dare leave him long enough to go take a shower for FEAR that he'll forget once again if Monkeys really do share chewy banana's - CHEERFULLY! By this time I'M starting to wonder what cheerfully means!
@2:00 I have to go to an online meeting for Cy's school ~ How to Survive Homeschooling ~ OH BOY! I think ~ this couldn't happen on a better day. I'm thinking that survival is not an option anymore. At least for one of us . . .
Online meeting starts 20 minutes late ~ audio problems. Just getting to the good part . . . audio problems. Hummmmm maybe there's a pattern here. We must all have audio problems today. 4:30 comes and it's time for Cy to go get his uniform on. PLEASE PLEASE Tell me that while I sat for 2.5 hours waiting for some LIGHT BULB moments to audio through my computer, Cy has finished the 11 Math Assessment problems PLEASE OH PLEASE. Nope ~ but he now does have very short fingernails. He should, he has now mastered fingernail biting. So off we go to Karate and I think I'm finally going to get to go work out. Silly Mom ~ think again. I forgot ~ it's a brand new month and I haven't posted new daily recaps to my client! That was what I was supposed to do after the 1 hour school online meeting. . . So I turn the car around and race back home to meet the 5:30 deadline. Then off I go to finish signing up at the Gym. No time for a work out, I have to pick up "5 hour math boy" from Karate. Oh this should be good. He must not be feeling well or something must be off today right??? He'll have a tough time at Karate. I need to be firm, I remind myself. We go forward, Cy we do the best we can even when we don't feel well. Keep moving regardless. All these very powerful sayings keep coming to my head while driving to the studio. I arrive and Mr. Allman says, "Cy did TERRIFIC today. He worked so hard. One of his better days!" Silence. OK ~ I must just be me. Now I have to coach myself. We keep moving forward. We shall not kill. We are positive. We do not eat our young at birth. We are given all things to strengthen us . . . Forget about today ~ erase it from your mind SK. Start fresh when you get home.
Mom ~ Cy you only have 5 problems to finish. Do you think you can do them so that we can read your story and then do some art?
Cy ~ SURE!
Mom~ Do you want some free time before bed?
Cy ~ SURE!
Mom ~ OK ~ quickly get it all done. You don't have to help with dinner tonight. Just get your work done and then we'll do some fun games. You only have 2 hours before it's time for chores and reading. Can you do it????
Well 2 hours came and went. In the last minute the last problem was completed. 100%. Tears, Tears, No Free time Mom. I'm so mad at myself, I can't do anything right . . . . . . . . . .
I'll spare you the rest right up to this point:
Mom ~ Cy did you know that I was going to give you tomorrow off from school if you had really hustled and finished all your school assignments from today?
Cy ~ YOU WERE????
Mom ~ Yep! Do you think you would have finish everything today including all the subjects you didn't do if you had known that you could have had tomorrow off?
Cy ~ YEEEESSSSSS
Note to self ~ We do not eat our young at birth, We do not kill, We do not swear ~ well at least some of us don't . . . .
Pray for me, I think the 3 Ring Circus has set up shop in my head!
1 comment:
Oh Sandy! That sounds exhausting. Just reading it was :). You poor thing. I don't know how you do it all. Hope that things are going better. Miss you tons! Love you.
Post a Comment